Saturday 15 November 2014

Pregnancy Loves...Part 1




There are items I've found very useful in my pregnancy thus far, and the products in the image above are some I just love.

Nivea Irrisistibly Smooth Body lotion (Shea Butter) - This is amazing lotion!! I have verrrrry dry skin (particular the body) my face is another story (I battle oily skin) and since being pregnant, I was advised to stop using a medicated soap (which contains salicylic acid) due to limited research on its effect on pregnant women (it's illegal to test products on pregnant women). Therefore, I switched to an ultra hydrating lotion and this one really does the trick. Keeps skin moisturised all day, and at the end of the day when I have my shower, I can still feel how smooth and supple my skin is because of the lotion. This is definitely a great buy, plus it contains shea butter. I purchased mine at Clicks for R36.99 for 400ml.

Oh So Heavenly! Mum & Cherub Belly Butter - This is a great buy if you're on a budget. Retails exclusively at Clicks for only R29.99 and has a luxurious formula that alleviates dry and itchy skin, it contains Argan Oil which is great for restoring skin. I must admit, I stopped using it for a while during the first trimester, due to the smell, but continued using it again recently. It also contains lanolin , omega oils and a combination of vitamins.

Oh So Heavenly! Mum & Cherub Revive and Revitalise Foot Spray - This will be a lifesaver during summer, as I do walk alot, I've used it a few times when needed and it definitely had soothing effect on my legs and feet. This spray too, contains Argan Oil and special soothing ingredients. You can get the spray at Clicks for a measly R19.99. I love the Oh So Heavenly! range for it's quality products and very affordable prices.

Word of caution though, if your battling with morning sickness, the floral scent of this range might cause some nausea during continued use (just my experience with it for a while).

BON Liquid Gold Pure Tissue Oil - I love this local brand, the tissue oil contains avocado, grapeseed oil, rosehip oil, vitamin E and is suitable for sensitive skin. It's not greasy at all, and is great for applying just before you get dressed. The little pen packaging is really convenient and the application is easy, it's available at all Clicks stores at R19.99. If you would like to know more about this local brand, you can check out their website here.


No comments:

Post a Comment