Thursday 5 March 2015

So Ready...



Hey guys,

Here I am at 31 weeks, and I'm so ready to have this baby.

The last couple of weeks has been quite a rough transformation. Baby's definitely picking up weight, I'm very curious to know what he weighs when I see my gynae next monday. At the last visit, he weighed around 1080g at 28 weeks. I'm really starting to feel the heaviness in my back and particularly on my bladder (the loo visits have been very frequent lately).

I have to eat smaller meals, because eating too much makes my stomach feel distended and it affects my breathing as well.

At the beginning of the day I'll feel well energized and can move about easily, closer to the end of the day is another story. As the day moves along, I start getting sloth-like, everything I do is slower, I have more discomfort and feel the weight easily on my cervix and bladder, also, sometimes when he moves, it feels like my intestines are being kneaded. What scares me is that I have another 8-9 weeks to go, and this boy still needs to pack on some more weight.

Hubby and I have started picking up the pace with baby's room, after we painted it, everything went laxed and the room became a storage area again. So this weekend, we're going full mode to try and get as much done as possible.

Also next week I'll know for certain if I'll be able to give birth naturally. So far, my placenta has not moved up from my cervix, and if it's still there, then we're in for a c-section.

But I'll try to embrace it. At night I'll lay while baby does his gymnastics, kicking, punching and squirming, and try to enjoy it because I know I'll miss it once he's out. While there is some fear about the discomfort over the next 9 weeks, I'm really excited too, embracing it because this might be my only experience with carrying a baby (for now, Hubby and I've settled on only having one child - for now ;) ).

Will let you know the verdict: natural vs. c-section.

I'll keep in touch :D




No comments:

Post a Comment