Thursday 19 February 2015

Rhinitis during pregnancy...



During the first trimester I had a short bout of allergies issues, which cleared up and never became a problem again until about 27 weeks.

Anything would trigger my allergies, perfumes, dusts (didn't help that we experienced strong winds and little sand storms) and I'd end up with a stuffy and runny nose (normally I end up with nasal drip). Luckily I was due for a visit to my gynae the following week and I asked her what could help alleviate my symptoms (previously pharmacist would only recommend saline sprays, and only a prescription from my gynae would allow them to give me any other meds). She prescribed Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray, and I am so happy she did. After a full's day use, I did not have any more sneezing fits even in the midst of overpowering perfumes and dusty locations. Hubby swears my snoring became non existent over the past couple of the nights as well, so I'm not to sure if it helped with the swelling of the sinus as well.

Though a little pricey, it's definitely well worth the price for the relief it brings and one of the few meds/sprays safe to use during pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment